SNOWFLAKE OVERVIEW AND ARCHITECTURE – HALF DAY EDUCATION
This course covers Snowflake Overview and Architecture.
You will understand the concepts and how the various parts of Snowflake work together.
- Anyone who currently works with or manages data storage.
Tell Me, I’ll Forget; Show Me, I’ll Remember
- You may have to upgrade your computing facilities but you are concerned about the costs of hardware, software, management and maintenance!
- Do you have a huge volume of data?
- Do you need to store data securely?
- Is your data encrypted both when stored and while being transmitted?
- Do you want to securely share data?
- Do you have fluctuating compute through-put requirements?
- Can you find adequate IT staff?
- Is data availability an issue?
- Do you have your data in many different sources and wish to integrate it all into one place and to be able to access it using one language?
- Are you paying too much and would only like to pay for what you use?
- Do you have the need to stream your data continuously into storage?
- Do you ever need to take a snapshot of your data easily?
- Data Warehousing as a Service
- Snowflake Overview
- Multi Clustered Shared Architecture
- Local Region
- Availability Zones
- ACID transaction properties
- Snowflake Editions:
- Enterprise for Sensitive Data
- Virtual Private Snowflake
- When not to use Snowflake
- Security and Data Protection
- SQL Support
- Data Import and Export
- Data Sharing
- Data Lifecycle
- Continuous Data Protection
- Data Encryption
- Data Types
- SQL Format Models
- Object Identifiers
- User-defined Functions
- Information Schema
- Data Storage
- Compute Layer
- Services Layer
Virtual Warehouses in Snowflake
- How to determine appropriate size?
- Resizing or multi-clustered VW to fix!
- Snowflake Credits
Databases and Querying
- Accessing Databases
- Accessing Objects via Roles
- Custom Roles
- Data Loading
- Load using SQL
- Load using Web Interface
The Snowflake demonstration will:
- Create Warehouse
- Create Database
- Create Schema
- Create Table
- Load Table – Warehouse
- Load Table – Source Files
- Load Table – File Format
- Load Table – Load Options
- Load Table – Load Results
- Query Data – Preview
- Query Data – SQL Query
- Query Data – Export Results
- Query Data – SQLScript
- Query Data – Information Schema
- Suspend Warehouse
- Drop Warehouse
- Drop Table
- Drop Schema
- Drop Database