ALTERYX ADVANCED – 2 DAY EDUCATION
This course will cover Alteryx Designer for intermediate and experienced Alteryx users who require more advanced features.
The student is provided with data sources and hands-on exercises to cover the course content. The material provides tips throughout as well as challenges to allow the students to put into practice the concepts taught in each module.
Anyone who currently works with or analyses data, including business analysts, data analysts and developers.
Tell me, show me, and let me do it.
- I have an Excel spreadsheet which has multiple tabs and would like to combine the data from a selection of these tabs and create a new spreadsheet or combine multiple Excel spreadsheets but exclude a specific sheet?
- Do you have to match Customer data using fuzzy match logic?
- Are there times when you have wide data such as survey data, but you need to rearrange it so that you can use it in a BI tool?
- Do you need to download and parse data from the internet?
- Do you have large volumes of database data to process?
- Do you need to use the PSMA Geocoded National Address Files for location and address now that the data has been made public and would you like to store the data in the Calgary database?
- Do you need to parse Java Script Notation text?
- Do you have the need to create and use Macros!
- Have you the need for Time Series Forecasting? Or Predictive Analytics?
Excel Multiple Sheets
Dynamically input Excel data, both with multiple sheets and multiple workbooks with the option to exclude nominated sheets using the following tools:
- Text Input
- Dynamic Input
- Output Data
- Dynamic XSLX
Explore the Fuzzy Match options, Purge and Merge, along with tutorial and challenge, introducing:
- Input Data
- Fuzzy Match
Find out how to prepare survey data for your BI tool, including a challenge, while introducing:
- Text To Columns
- Tableau Workbook Macro
- Tableau TWBX
- Running Total
Download data from websites and parse for output. Follow me and challenges introducing:
- Auto Field
- XML Parse
- Cross Tab
- Dynamic Rename
Process data in your database to enhance performance introducing:
- Tool Container
- Append Fields
- Connect In-DB
- Formula In-DB
- Summarize In-DB
- Data Stream Out
GNAF and Calgary Database
Explore Geocoded National Address file data, both at location and address level and placing that data into a Calgary Database. Retrieving and joining the data to business data, including challenges, introducing:
- Calgary Loader
- Calgary Input
- Calgary Join
How to parse Java Script Notation (JSON) data using:
- JSON Parse
- Create Points
Create and use a macro with challenge, introducing:
- Macro Input
- Detour End
- Data Cleansing
- Macro Output
- Drop Down
- Numeric Up Down
- Check Box
- List Box
Time Series Forecasting
Explore Time Series data and create Time Series Forecast models to compare the results and create the forecast, introducing:
- TS Plot
- TS Compare
- TS Forecast
Investigate new donor data to determine who is most likely to donate, predict and score the results, introducing:
- Basic Data Profile
- Association Analysis
- Contingency Table
- Distribution Analysis
- Field Summary
- Violin Plot
- Create Samples
- Decision Tree
- Lift Chart